Relax and unwind with a holiday or a weekend break at this comfortable 16th Century medieval farmhouse, with oak panelling, beams, log fires, uneven floors and low doorways, situated in a secluded, peaceful countryside position (away from public roads) within its own 80 acre Jacob sheep farm with Devon Wildlife Trail and panoramic views.
This is an idyllic hideaway for exploring the beauty of Exmoor National Park, North Devons dramatic coastline with its historic harbours (Lynton/Lynmouth and Clovelly) and market towns (Barnstaple & South Molton).
Ensuite bedrooms with WiFi, TV, DVD player, tea and coffee tray and a variety of toiletries. Other facilities include a lounge with large selection of board games, garden, sauna, games room, children’s outside play area and a Devon Wildlife farm walk with abundant wildlife and panoramic views. Do come & meet the Jacob sheep (lambing in April), hens and our adorable Springer Spaniel, Bella! Situated on the Tarka Trail & Macmillan Way West there are a number of walks from the doorstep! Enjoy delicious breakfasts, freshly prepared from farm and local produce served with home-made bread and jams.
A Devon cream tea awaits your arrival!
Huxtable Farm Bed & Breakfast is a non smoking establishment.
Huxtable Farm offers 6 individual rooms, each one unique in character and ambience. The 3 double bedded rooms are on the first floor of the farmhouse, with all the charm and character of the medieval farmhouse, whilst the family rooms are in sensitively converted barns. All the rooms are individual yet share modern day comforts including; WiFi (with the exception of ‘the Byre’), TV, DVD player, clock radio, a complimentary tea and coffee tray with biscuits and Tarka Springs water, towels and many bathroom accessories, hopefully providing for everyone’s needs.
- Blue Forget-Me-Not – Double bedded room with en-suite shower and WC. Window view overlooking the farmland.
- Yellow Primrose – Double bedded room with its own en-suite bath and WC. Window looking out onto the courtyard garden.
- Pink Campion – Double bedded room with lovely own private bathroom (bath, shower and WC) across the landing, with dressing gowns provided for your comfort. Window looking out onto the courtyard garden.
- The Byre – Family room with a double bed and two single beds, with its own en-suite bath and WC. This room has fantastic views across farmland to West Buckland village in the distance. Ample room for parking your vehicle outside this room.
- Barley Barn – A family room with double bed and two single beds, with ample space for a cot, and with its own en-suite bathroom (bath, shower and WC). This room looks out into the courtyard garden and has parking space for a vehicle outside.
- Swallow Barn – A family room with double bed and one single bed with its own en-suite bathroom (bath, shower and WC). This room looks out into the courtyard garden and has parking space for a vehicle outside.
Surrounded with open fields, woods and a stream, nestling in the foot hills of Exmoor National Park, approach Huxtable Farm by ‘Strawberry lane’, in which wild strawberries can be picked in early summer.Enjoy the ‘Devon Wildlife Farm Walk’ through the woodland, pasture and next to the pond and stream. From the highest point on the farm enjoy wonderful panoramic views of patchwork Devonian fields with Exmoor and Dartmoor in the distance.
- Visit wonderful gardens; Royal Horticultural Society Rosemoor, Castle Hill, Filleigh (which backs onto Huxtable Farm) and Marwood Hill Gardens, or even take a day trip to the Eden Project in Cornwall.
- Play golf at Saunton Golf Club, Ilfracombe Golf Club, Royal North Devon Golf Club Westward Ho! Mortehoe & Woolacombe Golf Club, Libberton Golf Club, Torrington Golf Club.
- Walk or cycle parts of the Tarka Trail or South West Coast Path.Visit National Trust properties Arlington Court, Watersmeet and Knightshayes.Spend a day at the beach, surfing and swimming.
- Visit the historic Market towns of Barnstaple and South Molton (with their weekly pannier markets) or Historic harbours Lynton / Lynmouth or Clovelly.
- Or make use of Huxtable Farms facilities; the sauna, croquet, cricket, Devon Wildlife Farm Walk and games room.