As featured in "The Sunday Times 100" (29 Jan 2012) listing the best holidays in the world this year!
Leave the network of East Devon’s country lanes behind and, at the bottom of a long, sweeping driveway, you’ll find “Greenways”, an enchanting, Grade II listed, 16th century, thatched farmhouse set in three acres of grounds and looking out over hedge-enclosed, green pastureland. Approximately three hours’ drive from London, “Greenways” is the ideal house for families and friends to get together. There’s plenty of accommodation inside and out so it should never feel crowded.
The house is a no-expense-spared restoration combining genuine character and charm with every convenience, deservedly graded 5 stars, Gold Award, by Visit Britain. Inside, you’ll find high quality furnishings and fabrics, deep, comfortable sofas in the main heavily timbered and ‘inglenooked’ sitting room, crisp white linen in the five bedrooms, and roll-top baths and power showers in the four bath and shower rooms. A spacious, convivial dining area, perfect for special celebration dinners, adjoins the kitchen with its cream coloured Aga. Relax and unwind in the hot tub in the adjacent barn annexe, which also serves as a well-equipped games room. Outside, the attractively landscaped garden includes a large paved terrace, ideal for al fresco dining and a large informal paddock, a great play area for the kids. There is also direct access via a stile onto a public footpath in the neighbouring field.5 bedrooms, 4 bath or shower rooms, large sitting room with inglenook, farmhouse kitchen with oil fired Aga and dining for 10 guests, 2nd sitting room with extra TV, information room, sun room and study with PC. Barn annexe with hot tub and games facilities.
- Inglenook fireplace – Generous initial supply of logs included in rent
- ‘Air source’ heating system
- Electricity, oil for Aga, bed linen, towels and welcome hamper included in rent
- Cot & high chair
- Flat screen TV’s (freeview) in drawing room, ‘snug’ and master bedroom
- Ipod docking station
- WiFi broadband
- Aga, 4 ring halogen hob and extra double oven
- Integral fridge and SMEG fridge/freezer
- Auto washing machine/dryer
- Good pubs (Stockland and Dalwood) about 4 miles
- Shops (Honiton) 3 miles & Royal Oak Farm Shop 1 mile
- Car ports (2) and ample driveway parking
- Well behaved pets (NB no puppies) by arrangement
- Non-smokers only
- £300 refundable dilapidations deposit payable on booking
- Friday to Friday weekly bookings
Address: Hideaways, Chapel House, Shaftesbury, Dorset, SP7 0HQ